Monday 25 May 2015

Contour Couture | Summer Sculpting and Facial Definition



One of my favourite things to do when applying make up in the morning is to contour. I have been told many a time that I have a moon head, so contouring is a must. I am in no way an expert, quite a lot of the time I think it looks wonderful but then I'll see myself in a car window, or a mirror and I'll instantly regret it. But I thought I'd share a few of my favourite products and a few 'hacks' to make it easier and more natural. 

I got into contouring watching Carli Bybel, I am such a huge fan of hers and she is the QUEEN of contouring:




My new all time favourite product is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit in Light to Medium. It comes with 6 grey based tones designed to Highlight and Contour. (bought from New York where it is £27)

Next is Bourjois 'Chocolate' Bronzer, if I'm rushing in the morning, I'll grab one of these, they're so easy to blend and give a pretty much instant result. Also from Bourjois is the BB Bronzer Cream, if I'm going out or looking for a cream base I'll grab this and blend it in the hollows of my cheeks, down the sides of my nose and around my temples with a beauty blender.

Rimmel never seem to fail me either, this Rimmel Natural Bronze powder was actually my first bronzing product, similar to the Chocolate Bronzer and a really good dupe of the Hoola bronzer, not quite as easy to blend but really nice for a subtle look, but if over done can easily turn orange (like any bronzer). 

Benefit's Hoola Bronzer is such a nice shade, really natural, comes with a long thin brush (Sorry I don't know the name) and blends out really nice for an even finish, it is pretty expensive though, so I think of it as an evening bronze.  Also Benefit, high beam, just like tints (cha-cha, posie, bene, lolli) comes in a little nail varnish-esque bottle, mainly I put this on my brow bone as I feel it's a bit too shimmery for all my face.

Sleek are also a pretty good brand when it comes to contour and highlighting. I have the highlighting pallet and it comes with 4 shades, 3 are cream based and the other is powder. These are also quite shimmery so really great for going out or to parties etc. 


 My (Kind Of) Tips For Beginners:


  1. If you're going for an everyday look, maybe chose a bronzer with a grey base to avoid looking orange (unless that's the look you want)
  2. Make sure you blend out really well, my best advice is to use a beauty blender / teardrop sponge of some sort as that'll get rid of any harsh lines and give the best results. 
  3. Maybe also try the real techniques Blush Brush, I accidently grabbed this once to blend mine out and found it gave a really nice result.
  4. Try out different types of bronzer to find which suits you, go to the extremes and work inward to find which suits you, like a really dark bronze or a really grey palish tone, everyone has different skin types and colours.
  5. If it's a cream, make sure you set the makeup otherwise you'll find at some point it'll come home looking patch

                                   
    

Let me know about any products I haven't mentioned

Rachel xoxo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Not Now Rachel | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig